|New Jersey General Assembly, District 14|
O'Connor attended attended Florida Gulf Coast University, Kean University and Mercer County Community College. His professional experience includes working at McCaffrey's grocery store.
- Lower Property Taxes
- Excerpt: "This can be done by mandating that all municipalities, counties, and school boards freeze their spending and tax rates, eliminating unfunded mandates that state imposes on local governments and school boards, identifying and cutting wasteful spending, and then have NJ’s county governments absorb all their municipalities within their borders and operate under a single county structure."
- More Transparency
- Excerpt: "State, county, municipal and school board budgets hide expenditures with the use of vague, ambiguous language. Mercer county doesn’t even post it’s budget on its website. Let’s mandate that all governing bodies in NJ publish clear, easy to read, citizen friendly budgets available to the public online."
- An End to Modern Day Prohibition
- Excerpt: "According to the CATO institute, NJ spends nearly $200 million a year just to arrest, try, and punish non-violent citizens for selling and/or consuming marijuana; let’s legalize it, and tax it so that we maximize freedom and gain additional revenue to lower our taxes and pay back our debt."
- Nullify Obamacare
- Excerpt: "Obamacare violates our rights by forcing us to purchase a health insurance plan, or pay a fine. It has also done the opposite of what we were told it would do: it has caused more employers to stop hiring full time employees, and has caused healthcare premiums to increase. When Obamacare goes into full effect next year premiums will increase even more."
- Legalize Gay Marriage
- Excerpt: "The government treats homosexuals as second class citizens which is unconstitution[sic], as all citizens, regardless of religion, race, age, or sexual orientation, are equal under the law."
- Simplify Gun Laws
- Excerpt: "The government continues to infringe upon our right to bear arms by passing complicated bills despite the fact that law enforcement officers fail to follow previous laws that have already been passed."
- More Options for Education
- Excerpt: "Establish a school voucher program, abolish “Common Core”, and return schools to local government."
O'Connor ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 14. O'Connor was bracketed with Steven Uccio. He was defeated by incumbent Daniel Benson (D) and incumbent Wayne DeAngelo (D) in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
O'Connor lives in Hightstown, New Jersey.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sean + O'Connor + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sean O'Connor Campaign website
- Sean O'Connor on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart profile- Sean O'Connor
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 General Assembly general election candidates," accessed April 10, 2014
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- Sean O'Connor for Assembly: "Biography of Sean O'Connor," accessed September 10, 2013
- Facebook: "About Sean O'Connor," accessed September 10, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 9, 2013
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |