|California State Assembly District 54|
|December 13, 2013 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||December 3, 2013|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||12 years|
Elections for the office of California State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent Sebastian Mark Ridley Thomas (D) and Glen Ratcliff (R) were unopposed in the blanket primary. Ridley-Thomas will face Ratcliff in the general election.
Ridley-Thomas won election in a special election for California State Assembly District 54. The seat was vacant following Rep. Holly Mitchell's (D) election to the California State Senate. Ridley-Thomas defeated John Jake (D) and Sebastian Ridley-Thomas (D) in the special election, which took place on December 3.
|California State Assembly, District 54, Special Election, 2013|
|Democratic||Christopher R. Armenta||35.7%||8,270|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- American Cancer Society
- California Environmental Scorecard
- California Humane Society
- California Labor Federation
- California ProLife Council
- Capital Resource Institute
- Congress of California Seniors
- Consumer Federation of California
- Equality California
- Howard Jarvis Taxpayer's Association
- Planned Parenthood - Assembly & Senate
- Sierra Club California
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Sebastian + Ridley-Thomas + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Legislature
- California State Assembly
- California Assembly Committees
- California State Assembly District 54
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 27, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed July 15, 2014
- latimes.com, "Jerry Brown calls Dec. 3 election for vacant L.A.-area Assembly seat," September 30, 2013
- sos.ca.gov, California Secretary of State - Official Candidate List
- fresnobee.com, "Ridley-Thomas wins race for Calif. Assembly seat," December 3, 2013
- California Secretary of State, "Official election results," accessed December 19, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 15, 2014
Holly Mitchell (D)
|California State Assembly District 54
| Succeeded by|