Select Committee on Redistricting, Texas State Senate
The Select Committee on Redistricting is a select committee of the Texas State Senate.
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.
|Select Committee on Redistricting Members, 2013|
|Democratic members (6)||Republican members (9)|
|• Carlos Uresti, Vice-chair||• Kel Seliger, Chair|
|• Sylvia Garcia||• John Carona|
|• Juan Hinojosa||• Robert Duncan|
|• Eddie Lucio, Jr.||• Kevin Eltife|
|• Royce West||• Craig Estes|
|• Judith Zaffirini||• Troy Fraser|
|• Joan Huffman|
|• Dan Patrick|
|• Tommy Williams|
The following table describes committee membership for the 2011 legislative session.
|Select Committee on Redistricting Members, 2011|
|Democratic members (6)||Republican members (8)|
|• Mario Gallegos, Vice-chair||• Kevin Eltife, Chair|
|• Juan Hinojosa||• John Carona|
|• Eddie Lucio||• Craig Estes|
|• Carlos Uresti||• Troy Fraser|
|• Royce West||• Joan Huffman|
|• Judith Zaffirini||• Dan Patrick|
|• Jeff Wentworth|
|• Tommy Williams|
As of March 18, 2011 four bills have been referred to the committee:
- SB 31: - "Relating to the composition of the districts for the election of members of the Texas Senate."
- SB 196 - "Relating to the reapportionment of congressional districts and the creation, function, and duties of the Texas Congressional Redistricting Commission."
- SB 307 - "Relating to the composition of the districts for the election of members of the State Board of Education."
- SB 308 - "Relating to the composition of the congressional districts for the State of Texas."
- SB 1556 - "Relating to requirements for reapportionment of congressional districts."
- SJR 43 - "Proposing a constitutional amendment to establish certain principles and procedures for the drawing of congressional districts."
As of March 18, 2011 the Senate Redistricting Committee has held one hearing. Hearings are listed below by the date which they occurred. The public notice, minutes, and witness list are provided for each hearing.