Senate Conservatives Fund
|Senate Conservatives Fund|
|Executive Director:||Matt Hoskins|
The current leaders of the Senate Conservatives Fund are as follows: Matt Hoskins (Executive Director), Erin Reeder (Finance Director), Scott Travis (Online Director), Tom Jones (Political Director), Kristin Szafranski (Administrator) and Mary Vought (Communications Advisor).
- Chris McDaniel (MS): McDaniel is running against Sen. Thad Cochran in the Republican primary for the seat.
- Matt Bevin (KY): Bevin is challenging Sen. Mitch McConnell in the KY Republican primary election.
- Ben Sasse (NE): Sasse is running for the open U.S. Senate seat, currently held by retiring Sen. Mike Johanns (R-NE).
- Rob Maness (LA): Maness is running against Bill Cassidy in the Republican primary.
“We won’t support Congressman Lankford’s bid for the Senate because of his past votes to increase the debt limit, raise taxes, and fund Obamacare,” said SCF Executive Director Matt Hoskins in a statement. “We have reviewed his record and it’s clear that conservatives cannot count on him to fight for their principles.”
House conservatives project
In 2013, Senate Conservatives Fund created an initiative to support conservative House members in order to "advance conservative policies in the House and potentially run for the U.S. Senate in the future." As a part of this project, the group has endorsed the following candidates thus far in the 2014 election cycle:
- Jim Bridenstine (OK-01)
Senate Conservatives Fund endorsed the following candidates in the 2012 elections:
- Deb Fischer (NE-Sen)
- George Allen (VA-Sen)
- Tom Smith (PA-Sen)
- Dan Bongino (MD-Sen)
- Richard Mourdock (IN-Sen)
- Ted Cruz (TX-Sen)
- Todd Akin (MO-Sen)
- Josh Mandel (OH-Sen)
In the 2012 elections Senate Conservatives Fund spent a grand total of $3,546,738: $20,000 against Democrats and $3,529,869 for Republicans. 
|Top 10 largest Senate Conservatives Fund expenditures in 2012|
Mitch McConnell's comments
Glenn Beck announced on October 8, 2013, that he was informed by an anonymous source that during a closed-door meeting, Mitch McConnell insinuated that anyone working with the Senate Conservatives Fund or FreedomWorks is basically a “traitor” to the GOP.
Beck clarified that McConnell did not actually use the word “traitor,” “but that’s what everybody heard.” McConnell also reportedly said that these two groups in particular are “trying to destroy the Republican party.”
According to Beck, roughly what McConnell said was, “FreedomWorks and the Senate Conservatives Fund worked hard to unseat me, and I want you to be very clear on this. If any of you take a dollar from either FreedomWorks or the Senate Conservatives Fund, you’re an enemy of mine.”
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "'Senate + Conservatives + Fund"
- All stories may not be relevant to this organization due to the nature of the search engine.
- Lankford announces Senate bid - Politico
- The Senate Conservatives Fund's unbending leader - Politico
- Senate Conservatives Fund Spent "Hundreds Of Thousands" On Mark Levin ... - Media Matters for America (blog)
- GOP Infighting: A Boon for Senate Conservatives Fund - Wall Street Journal (blog)
- Tea Party consulting scam: The real conservatives funded by the Senate ... - Salon
- Senate Conservatives Fund Ramps Up Earmarking Effort - Roll Call (blog)
- Conservatives target vulnerable Democrats over ObamaCare support - Fox News
- A Right-Wing Group's $400K Purchase of Mark Levin's Book Sets Off a Ruckus - Daily Beast
- Conservative groups hit Lankford as lawmaker announces bid for Coburn's ... - Washington Times
- Lankford's US Senate run already drawing fire from some conservatives - KRMG
- Senate Conservatives Fund, "About," accessed September 17, 2013
- Senate Conservatives Fund, "About," accessed December 13, 2013
- Politico, "The Senate Conservatives Fund’s unbending leader," accessed January 9, 2014
- Senate Conservatives Fund, "Endorsements," accessed October 22, 2013
- The Hill, "Senate Conservatives fund backs Tea Party challenger Maness in Louisiana," accessed October 29, 2013
- Politico, "James Lankford announces Senate bid," accessed January 20, 2014
- Senate Conservatives Fund, "Endorsements," accessed September 17, 2013
- Open Secrets "Senate Conservatives Fund Recipients, 2012," Accessed September 17, 2013
- Mediaite, "Glenn Beck Claims Mitch McConnell Called Tea Party Senators ‘Traitors’," accessed October 9, 2013