For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Service Employees International Union Pea-Federal
|Service Employees International Union Pea-Federal|
|President:||Mary Kay Henry|
Service Employees International Union Pea-Federal is a Super PAC affiliated with the Service Employees International Union or SEIU. SEIU is a labor union representing 2.1 million workers in about 100 occupations in the United States and Canada. It represents the interests of health care (around 50% of the union's membership), including hospital, home care and nursing home workers, public services (government employees) and property services (including janitors and security officers).
This Super PAC is considered liberal and supports mainly Democratic candidates.
SEIU is based in Washington, D.C. and is structured into seven internal departments: Communications, Education, Human Rights, International Affairs, Organization, Political and Research.
According to data filed with the Federal Election Commission on June 20, 2013, SEIU Pea-Federal has $2,797,378.17 cash on hand. Thus far during the 2014 election cycle, the Super PAC has reported $0 in independent expenditures supporting any specific candidates and no independent expenditures exceeding $1,000.
According to the Wall Street Journal, SEIU Pea-Federal spent $14,791,726 on candidates during the 2012 federal election cycle.
Of the $5,310,732 in independent expenditures used in the general election, 91.20% achieved the desired result. The organization supported 14 winning candidates of which 68.69% of funding went to. They opposed 7 losing candidates of which 22.51% of funding went to. The information is based on analysis by the Sunlight Foundation.
Open Secrets also analyzed the success of 2012 general election cycle spending:
SEIU Pea-Federal spent a grand total of $14,791,726 in the 2012 elections. Of that money, $3,969,279.99 was spent for Democrats, $0 was against Democrats, $5,679.00 was for Republicans and $1,490,676.32 was used against Republicans. 
|Top 10 largest SEIU Pea-Federal expenditures in 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Service + Employees + International + Union + Super + PAC"
- All stories may not be relevant to this organization due to the nature of the search engine.
- Spending profile at The Wall Street Journal (2012)
- Service Employees International Union (parent organization) profile at FollowTheMoney.org
- OpenSecrets, "Service Employees International Union," accessed July 16, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "June Monthly Report Filing," June 20, 2013
- Sunlight Foundation Reporting Group, "SERVICE EMPLOYEES INTERNATIONAL UNION PEA-FEDERAL, 2014 CYCLE," accessed July 17, 2013
- OpenSecrets, "Service Employees International Union Recipients, 2014," accessed July 16, 2013
- Wall Street Journal, "Super Pacs - Service Employees International Union Pea - Federal," accessed July 18, 2013
- Sunlight Foundation, "Outside spenders' return on investment," November 14, 2012
- OpenSecrets, "SEIU Pea-Federal," accessed July 17, 2013
- Sunlight Foundation, "SEIU Pea-Federal 2012," accessed July 17, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid