|Alabama State Senate District 8|
|November 3, 2010-November 5, 2014|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|High school||Paint Rock Valley High School|
|Date of birth||November 6, 1975|
|Place of birth||Jackson County, AL|
McGill attended North Alabama Community College. He has owned several businesses in the past, and is currently the owner and operator of Hydraulic Seals and Service.
McGill served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry Committee
- Business and Labor Committee
- Commerce, Transportation and Utilities Committee
- Constitution, Campaign Finance, Ethics and Elections Committee
- Local Legislation No. 4 Committee
- Small Business Committee, Chair
McGill's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Jobs, economy & taxes
- Excerpt: "My #1 priority will be finding ways to get our people back to work. We can do this by bringing more employers here, and helping our existing businesses succeed and expand."
- Excerpt: "We need a highly educated workforce in order to grow economically... Most importantly, we need to look at how we fund—and run—our K-12 schools."
- Ethics reform
- Excerpt: "Ethics in government is about making it a level playing field for all, and the current system has failed."
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
|Alabama State Senate, District 8 General election (2010)|
|Shadrack McGill (R)||20,603|
|Lowell Barron (D)||20,016|
In 2010, McGill raised $221,861 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$97,501|
|New Alabama Leadership Cmte||$27,000|
|Friends Of Jimmy W Holley||$15,000|
|Waggoner For Senate Cmte||$11,500|
In 2010, McGill's endorsements included the following:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of April 2015, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
McGill and his wife, Heather, have six children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Shadrack + McGill + Alabama + Senate." Because the results are from a google search, it is possible that some of the links below are not actually related to the legislator.
- Alabama State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
|Alabama State Senate District 8
| Succeeded by|
Steve Livingston (R)