|Missouri State Senate, District 9|
|2011 - present|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||February 22, 2011|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Missouri-Columbia|
|Birthday||December 7, 1968|
|Place of birth||Los Angeles, California|
|Profession||Real estate developer|
Curls earned her B.A. from the University of Missouri, Columbia. Her professional experience includes working as a real estate developer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Curls served on the following committees:
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Curls served on the following committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Joint Committee on Corrections|
|• Joint Committee on Tax Policy|
- See also: Missouri State Senate elections, 2012
Curls won re-election in the 2012 election for Missouri State Senate, District 9. Curls ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
Curls won re-election in 2010. She was unopposed in the general election.
Curls raised $49,878 for her campaign.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 41|
|Shalonn Curls (D)||10,519||100.0%|
Comprehensive donor information for Curls is available dating back to 2006. Based on available campaign finance records, Curls raised a total of $290,503 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 21, 2013.
|Shalonn Curls's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Missouri State Senate, District 9||$106,824|
|2011||Missouri State Senate, District 9||$56,227|
|2010||Missouri House of Representatives, District 41||$60,134|
|2008||Missouri House of Representatives, District 41||$49,878|
|2006||Missouri House of Representatives, District 41||$17,440|
|Grand Total Raised||$290,503|
2012Curls won re-election to the Missouri State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Curls raised a total of $106,824.
|Missouri State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Shalonn Curls's campaign in 2012|
|Missouri Hospital Association||$6,000|
|Burns & Mcdonnell||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$106,824|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Shalonn Curls' 2008 campaign.
|4th Democratic Senatorial District CMTE||$1,900|
|72nd Democratic Legislative District CMTE||$1,000|
|13th Democratic Senatorial District CMTE||$1,000|
|Supporters of Health Research & Treatments||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Shalonn + Curls + Missouri + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Bills sponsored by Shalonn Curls: 2008, 2007
- Profile from Open States
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Curls
- Missouri Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- Missouri Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Missouri Secretary of State, February 22, 2011 Special Election
- Missouri Secretary of State Election Returns, February 22, 2011
- Missouri House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money's report on Curls' 2008 campaign contributions
- "Follow the Money," "Curls, Shalonn," accessed September 21, 2013
|Missouri State Senate District 9
| Succeeded by|
|Missouri State House District 41
| Succeeded by|
Ed Schieffer (D)