For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Shane Robinson (Maryland)
|Maryland House of Delegates District 39|
|January 8, 2019|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||University of Nevada, Reno, 2000|
|Date of birth||December 26, 1976|
|Place of birth||Ahwaz, Iran|
|Profession||PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, Atlantic Edge Dive Center|
Robinson earned his B.S. in Biology and B.A. in Spanish from the University of Nevada at Reno in 2000. His professional experience includes working as a Senior Associate for the Coulter Companies, firefighter for the US Forest Service, in the Peace Corps in Zambia, and as a Development Assistant for the AIDS Project of Southern Vermont.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Robinson served on these committees:
- Environmental Matters
- Subcommittee on Environment
- Subcommittee on Land Use and Ethics
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbents Charles Barkley, Kirill Reznik and Shane Robinson were unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Gloria Chang, Xiangfei Cheng and Al Phillips were unopposed in the Republican primary. Barkley, Reznik and Robinson defeated Chang, Cheng and Phillips for three seats in the general election.
Robinson ran against incumbent Charles Barkley, Arthur Jackson, Tony Puca, and incumbent Kirill Reznik in the September 14 primary. He came in third to advance to the November 2, 2010, general election. Robinson came in third, successfully winning election.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 39 General Election (2010)|
|Charles Barkley (D)||18,060|
|Kirill Reznik (D)||16,199|
|Shane Robinson (D)||15,961|
|Jim Pettit (R)||9,695|
|Bill Witham (R)||8,482|
|Al Phillips (R)||8,240|
In 2010, Robinson raised $25,396 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Robinson, Arash S||$7,750|
|The Coulter Companies||$4,000|
|Service Employees Dc & Maryland State Council 54||$2,000|
Robinson is married.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Shane + Robinson + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland House of Delegates
- Maryland House Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland House of Delegates District 39
- House website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election results for House of Delegates," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |