For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Virginia Beach City Council, District Rose Hall|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed by||Virginia Beach City Council|
|Bachelor's||James Madison University|
Kane holds a B.S. in Communications and Public Relations from James Madison University. Her professional experience includes working as the founder and President of the EWR Management Group in Virginia Beach and serving on the board of the Alzheimer’s Association of Southeast Virginia.
On her campaign website, Kane highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "We must make sure that our schools, from pre-school to college, offer a broad range of disciplines so that the broadest range of opportunities will exist for our young citizens. We must prepare students not only to be ready for college but to be ready to excel in college. We also need to prepare students for non-college careers that are high-skilled and well-paid and underserved. We are neighbors to one of the world’s largest ports and we should be aligned with industries ready to hire our skilled graduates."
- Excerpt: "Virginia Beach enjoys a low unemployment rate compared to most cities of our size across the country. Our average family income is among the highest compared to other large cities. Still, we have opportunities to improve. We must stop the “brain drain” where our well-educated young people must leave the region to find employment that matches their interests and educational concentrations. Attracting 21st century companies to match our 21st century schools should be our number one focus."
- Excerpt: "An unsafe city will lose jobs and companies, will have failing schools and begin a downward spiral that cities frequently can’t combat. We must invest in our public safety professionals to make sure we prevent that. Our police, fire and rescue personnel must have the training and compensation to make sure we retain our great uniformed professionals and they keep Virginia Beach the safest city of its size in America."
The city of Virginia Beach, Virginia held elections for city council on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 10, 2014.
|Virginia Beach City Council, District of Rose Hall, 2014|
|Shannon Kane Incumbent||48.1%||37,415|
|James D. Cabiness II||16.8%||13,034|
|Stephen A. Johnston||17.4%||13,559|
|Beatrice R. “Petey” Browder||17.3%||13,424|
|Source: Virginia Department of Elections - Official 2014 Election Results|
In 2014, Kane's endorsements included the following:
- Congressman Scott Rigell
- Senator John Cosgrove
- Senator Jeff McWaters
- Senator Frank Wagner
- Delegate Glenn Davis
- Delegate Bill DeSteph
- Delegate Scott Taylor
- Delegate Ron Villanueva
- Mayor Will Sessoms
- Vice-Mayor Louis R. Jones
- Council Lady Rosemary Wilson
- Councilman Bob Dyer
- Councilman Brad Martin
- Councilman John D. Moss
- Councilman John E. Uhrin
- Councilman James L. Wood
- Clerk of Circuit Court Tina Sinnen
- Commissioner of the Revenue Phil Kellam
- Commonwealth’s Attorney Colin Stolle
- Sheriff Ken Stolle
- School Board Chairman Dan Edwards
- School Board Vice Chairman Bill Brunke
- School Board Member Bev Anderson
- School Board Member Em Davis
- School Board Member Dottie Holtz
- School Board Member Bobby Melatti
- School Board Member Sam Reid
- School Board Member Betsy Taylor
- School Board Member Leonard Tengco
- School Board Member Carolyn Weems
- Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce
- Hampton Roads Realtor’s Association PAC
- Police Benevolent Association
- Tidewater Builder’s Association
- Virginia Beach Education Association PACE
- Virginia Beach Professional Firefighters
- Virginia Beach Hospitality PAC
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Shannon + Kane + Virginia Beach"
- All stories may not be relevant due to the nature of the search engine.
- Virginia City Council, "Biography," accessed on August 13, 2014
- Campaign Website, accessed on August 13, 2014
- Shannon for Council, "Issues," accessed on September 24, 2014
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "November 4, 2014 Elections Candidacy Requirements For Local Offices," accessed May 15, 2014
- City of Virginia Beach, "Official Candidate List," accessed on September 3, 2014
- Virginia Public Access Project, "2014 Unofficial Election Results," accessed on November 4, 2014
- Shannon for Council, "Endorsements," accessed on September 24, 2014
|Virginia Beach City Council, District Rose Hall
| Succeeded by|