For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 23|
|2006 - 2010|
|Profession||Wife, mother, and community leader|
Valentine is the former president of Habitat for Humanity and the Women's Resource Center. She has also sat on the Holy Cross School Board, Lynchburg Housing Partnership, and the Sorensen Institute for Public Policy.
Delegate Valentine re-election speech
Valentine's campaign website lists her priority issues as:
- Economic development - Valentine has focused on legislative policies which "focus on economic opportunity for our community, and will create jobs and advance long-term economic growth." Including new rail service, international trade, and clean energy.
- Education - Investments in pre-school education, supported raising teacher salaries, broader vocational training, and tuition assistance grants.
- Energy & environment - "one of my priorities has been the increased production of clean energy in Virginia, including solar, wind, water, biomass and nuclear energy."
- Health care - "I support increasing access, reducing costs and improving the quality of care for all of our citizens."
- Open government - support for a Bipartisan Redistricting Commission
In 2009, Valentine lost his bid for re-election to the Virginia House of Delegates.
- Courts of Justice Committee, Virginia House
- Subcommittee on Criminal Justice
- Subcommittee on Judicial Systems
- Transportation Committee, Virginia House
- HB 1685 Bipartisan Redistricting Commission; created.
- HB 1735 Arts and cultural districts; grants statewide authority for creation thereof.
- HB 2235 Clean Energy Manufacturing Incentive Grant Fund; created.
The top 5 donors to Valentine's 2007 campaign:
- 1. House Democratic Caucus $90,000
- 2. Kaine Inaugural 2006 $75,000
- 3. One Virginia $40,000
- 4. Fletcher Rowley Chao $16,570
- 5. Foster, Robert L $16,320
- Delegate Valentine official website
- Official campaign website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Valentine
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions:2007
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Delegate Valentine Facebook profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Sorensen Institute profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 23
| Succeeded by|
T. Scott Garrett
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |