Shari Feist Albrecht
|Shari Feist Albrecht|
|Kansas Corporation Commission|
|June 25, 2012 - Present|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||June 25, 2012|
|Appointed by||Gov. Sam Brownback (R)|
|Bachelor's||University of Kansas (1982)|
|J.D.||Washburn University School of Law (1984)|
Albrecht is a licensed attorney. She served as Associate Chief Counsel at the Kansas Department of Health and Environment from 1993-2012. She has also been a supervisor of the Environmental Practice Group of the KDHE, and has served as a Director for the Oil and Gas Conservation Division with the Kansas Corporation Commission.
- B.A., Spanish Literature, University of Kansas (1982)
- J.D., Washburn University School of Law (1984)
Kansas Corporation Commission (2012-present)
Albrecht was appointed to the commission by Gov. Sam Brownback effective August 2012 for a term ending March 15, 2016. Mark Sievers nominated Albrecht to succeed him as commission chair on January 9, 2014. Sievers resigned from the KCC on the heels of a challenging year in the leadership post.
Albrecht stated, "As a lifelong Kansan and dedicated public servant, I am honored my experience and expertise has been recognized and is valued. I am committed to channeling my knowledge and qualifications into this new challenge. I look forward to listening to the parties appearing before the Commission, learning their perspectives, and making informed decisions that balance the public interest."
Albrecht and her husband, Martin, have two daughters. They attend Faith Lutheran Church.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Shari + Albrecht + Kansas "
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Topeka Capital-Journal, "Gov. names attorney to utility commission," June 26, 2012
- Farm Progress, "Shari Feist Albrecht Sworn In As KCC Commissioner," September 14, 2012
- Kansas Corporation Commission, "News release: Commissioner Albrecht Elected Chair," January 9, 2014
- Kansas Corporation Commission, "Commissioner Shari Feist Albrecht," accessed October 3, 2012
|Kansas Corporation Commission
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |