Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Michigan State Senate, District 22|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Pollesch's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Investing in Our Communities
- Excerpt: "If we want prosperity, we need to invest in our way of life. Otherwise, Michigan is destined to win its’ the current race to the bottom. When elected, I will fight for policies of investment! Investments in infrastructure, public education and people will return Michigan to the vibrant economic leader it once was."
"Right to Work" Does Not Work
- Excerpt: "Only when we stop scapegoating our neighbors can we take an honest look at what collective bargaining has accomplished for the middle-class in the past, what its promise is for the middle-class in the future."
- Excerpt: "We need to invest in our classrooms, from the oldest person in the classroom to the youngest, from the support staff to the administration. Achievement depends upon it. We cannot pave the path of opportunity for our children without real investment."
- Excerpt: "When I am elected, bringing Michigan along as a blue economy will be one of my highest priorities. In addition to fueling our economy, a blue economy gives us our best opportunity to leave future generations “a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning.”"
- Excerpt: "I am committed to reframing this debate to be about supporting life from cradle to grave and am deeply committed to keeping personal health decisions and reproductive liberty free from government intrusion."
- See also: Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Michigan State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Shari Pollesch was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Joe Hune was unopposed in the Republican primary. Hune defeated Pollesch and Jeff Wood (L) in the general election.
|Michigan State Senate, District 22 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Joe Hune Incumbent||58.9%||58,380|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Shari + Pollesch + Michigan + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan State Senate
- Michigan State Senate District 22
- Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Shari Pollesch on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, “2014 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing,” accessed May 1, 2014
- voteforshari.com, "Issues," accessed July 17, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014