Sharon Brown (Pennsylvania)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Pennsylvania State Senate District 40|
Brown ran in a special election for Pennsylvania State Senate District 40. She lost against Randy Vulakovich (R) and Don Bindas (I) in the special election on August 7, 2012. The seat was vacant following Jane Orie's resignation after her conviction on 14 criminal counts.
Brown was a Democratic candidate for District 28 of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. Brown was unopposed in the May 18 Democratic primary and lost to incumbent Republican Mike Turzai in the November 2 general election.
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, "Verdict triggers 40th District special election," March 27, 2012
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette, "Special election set Aug. 7 to replace Orie in state Senate," May 25, 2012
- PoliticsPA, "GOP Picks Vulakovich Over Hart for Orie Seat Special," accessed June 17, 2012
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, "Vulakovich defeats Brown for Orie's seat," August 7, 2012
- 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office