|Former candidate for|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 30B|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Minnesota State University-Mankato, 1968|
Shimek's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Good health care is important for all of us, and it needs to be affordable whether it be to ensure children have a healthy start in life, whether it is to care for those who are physical, emotional, or mental difficulties in life, or it is to help seniors on Medicare or those on Medicaid.
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Sharon Shimek was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Eric Lucero defeated Kevin Kasel in the Republican primary. Lucero defeated Shimek in the general election.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 30B General Election, 2014|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 30B Republican Primary, 2014|
Shimek ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 30B. She was unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated David FitzSimmons (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 30B, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sharon + Shimek + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Minnesota House of Representatives
- Minnesota House of Representatives District 30B
- Minnesota House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Minnesota State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Sharon Shimek on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Shimek for House 30 B, homepage, accessed October 20, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 Election Results," accessed November 4, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |