|U.S. House, Pennsylvania, District 8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||May 20, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Naughton is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Pennsylvania's 8th District. Naughton is seeking the Democratic nomination in the primary on May 20, 2014. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
Democratic Super PAC House Majority PAC listed incumbent Michael G. Fitzpatrick as 1 of 10 they are targeting as vulnerable incumbent Republicans in 2014, with the focus on those holding competitive seats. In May 2013, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee launched Jumpstart, a program that “provides early financial, communications, operational and strategic support to help top-tier candidates get a head start in these highly-targeted races,” according to the DCCC memo. Kevin Strouse, who is running in Pennsylvania's 8th District, was one of the eight Democratic candidates on the list. He was chosen based on recent polling figures which indicate Fitzpatrick's vulnerability to losing re-election in 2014.
Due to this vulnerability, Fitzpatrick, along with 11 other House Republicans, has qualified for financial assistance under the Patriot Program. The program is run by the National Republican Congressional Committee and helps raise money to protect GOP incumbents deemed in danger of being unseated.
Naughton received the support of the Women’s Campaign Fund, the Women Under Forty PAC and the Ironworkers Local Union 401, an AFL-CIO affiliate. She received an endorsement from EMILY'S List on November 19, 2013.
|Shaughnessy Naughton (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2013||$0||$89,016||$(80)||$88,935|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$88,935||$99,804||$(27,743)||$160,995|
|Year-End||January 31, 2014||$160,995||$105,836||$(89,657)||$177,173|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Shaughnessy + Naughton + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- PA-8: Naughton Endorsed By Progressive PAC - PoliticsPA
- Bruce Springsteen's latest song could reduce Chris Christie to tears - York Dispatch
- Meet the robots helping to secure the US border - York Dispatch
- P-8: Rep., candidates on fracking, economy DOJ nomination - The Midweek Wire
- Making Politicians Out of Scientists - Genetic Engineering News
- Sports bulletin board - York Dispatch
- Sports TV & radio listings - York Dispatch
- Watch Mitt Romney dad-dance at a Mormon singles convention - York Dispatch
- Monday's York-Adams sports scoreboard - York Dispatch
- Area races could swing Congress - Philly.com
- Pennsylvania's 8th Congressional District elections, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections in Pennsylvania, 2014
- Shaughnessy Naughton for Congress Official 2014 Campaign Website, accessed June 6, 2013
- Sunshine State News "Democratic Super-PAC Targets Steve Southerland" accessed March 8, 2013
- Roll Call, "Democrats Launch New Program for House Recruits," May 3, 2013
- The Washington Post, "11 House Republicans named to incumbent-protection program," April 22, 2013
- NRCC Patriot Program, "About," accessed April 23, 2013
- Politics PA, "PA-8: Naughton Endorsed by Ironworkers," accessed October 30, 2013
- Politics PA, "Naughton Gains Backing From Women’s Groups," accessed October 30, 2013
- Emily's List, "EMILY’s List Puts Four New Women Leaders “On the List”," accessed November 20, 2013
- Federal Election Commission "Shaughnessy Naughton 2014 Summary reports," Accessed November 11, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "July Quarterly," accessed November 11, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "October Quarterly," accessed November 11, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Year-End," accessed February 12, 2014
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |