Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Florida House of Representatives, District 44|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||April 8, 2014|
Eric Eisnaugle (R) defeated Shaun Raja (D) in the special election, which took place on April 8. Raja was unopposed in the March 11 Democratic primary, while Eisnaugle defeated Stephen Vincent Facella in the March 11 Republican primary.
Eisnaugle, a state representative from 2008-2012, chose not to run for re-election in 2012 when redistricting drew him against fellow Rep. Stephen Precourt (R). With Precourt term-limited in 2014, Eisnaugle planned to run for the seat again. Several Republicans, including Speaker Steve Crisafulli (R), backed Eisnaugle. "Eric’s track record of leadership will allow him to serve his Orange County constituents well. It is obvious that his message of job growth and fiscal responsibility resonated with the voters of his district." Crisafulli said.
A special election for the position of Florida House of Representatives District 44 was called for April 8, with a primary if necessary on March 11. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 23.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 44, Special Election, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Shaun + Raja + Florida + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Orlando Sentinel "Eric Eisnaugle wins special election in Florida House District 44," April 8, 2014
- Florida Department of State, "Official special election results," accessed May 7, 2014
- Florida Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed January 24, 2014
- sunshinestatenews.com, "Eric Eisnaugle Closer to Tallahassee Return After Big Primary Win," March 11, 2014
- sunshinestatenews.com, "Eric Eisnaugle Breezes Back to Florida House after Stunning Special Election Victory," April 8, 2014
- Orlando Sentinel, "Special election set to replace Steve Precourt in Florida House," January 12, 2014
- Florida Department of Elections, "H44 Notice of Election," accessed January 21, 2014
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |