Shawn C. Dooley
|Shawn C. Dooley|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Ninth Norfolk District|
|January 29, 2014 - Present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||January 7, 2014|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Dooley served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Ways and Means|
|• Ways and Means Joint|
|• Financial Services Joint|
|• Revenue Joint|
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on September 9, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Shawn C. Dooley was unopposed in the Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election.
The seat was vacant following Daniel Winslow's (R) resignation on September 29, 2013, to take a job as senior vice president and general counsel of Rimini Street, an enterprise software support firm.
A special election for the position of Massachusetts House of Representatives Ninth Norfolk District was called for January 7. As only one candidate filed for each party, a primary on December 10 was not necessary. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was November 5, 2013.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Shawn + Dooley + Massachusetts + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Massachusetts House of Representatives - Shawn Dooley
- Profile from Open States
- Official candidate list for the special election
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 State Primary Candidates," accessed September 9, 2014
- sec.state.ma.us, "Official candidate list," accessed November 13, 2013
- thesunchronicle.com, "Dooley wins by landslide in 9th Norfolk District state rep. race," January 7, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of State, "Official special election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- Boston Globe, "State Rep. Dan Winslow stepping down, joining software firm," September 16, 2013. Retrieved September 18, 2013.
- Business Wire, "Rimini Street Appoints Daniel B. Winslow as General Counsel," September 16, 2013. Retrieved September 18, 2013.
- thesunchronicle.com, "Special election to fill state rep seat to be held Jan. 7," September 30, 2013
Daniel Winslow (R)
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Ninth Norfolk District
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |
Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court | Appeals Court | Superior Courts | District Courts | Probate and Family Courts | Juvenile Courts | Housing Courts | Land Courts | Boston Municipal Courts | Judicial selection in Massachusetts |