Shawn C. Dooley
|Shawn C. Dooley|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Ninth Norfolk District|
|January 29, 2014 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||January 7, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
A special election for the position of Massachusetts House of Representatives Ninth Norfolk District was called for January 7. As only one candidate filed for each party, a primary on December 10 was not necessary. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was November 5, 2013. The seat was vacant following Daniel Winslow's (R) resignation on September 29, 2013, to take a job as senior vice president and general counsel of Rimini Street, an enterprise software support firm. Shawn C. Dooley (R) defeated Edward J. McCormick, III (D) in the special election, which took place on January 7.
Note: Election results will be posted when official results are available.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Shawn + Dooley + Massachusetts + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Low turnout House primary offers little insight into general election - Wicked Local Walpole
- Today's primary a preview of next month's ticket - Wicked Local Walpole
- State rep primary draws few - Attleboro Sun Chronicle
- What Beacon Hill has in store for you this week - Cape Cod Today
- Candidates for state rep's seat support increase in minimum wage - Attleboro Sun Chronicle
- Boston Globe, "State Rep. Dan Winslow stepping down, joining software firm," September 16, 2013. Retrieved September 18, 2013.
- Business Wire, "Rimini Street Appoints Daniel B. Winslow as General Counsel," September 16, 2013. Retrieved September 18, 2013.
- thesunchronicle.com, "Special election to fill state rep seat to be held Jan. 7," September 30, 2013
- sec.state.ma.us, "Official candidate list," accessed November 13, 2013
- thesunchronicle.com, "Dooley wins by landslide in 9th Norfolk District state rep. race," January 7, 2014
Daniel Winslow (R)
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Ninth Norfolk District
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |