Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Iowa State Senate, District 27|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
The Iowa Senate had a difference in partisan balance between Democrats and Republican of two seats, which amounts to 8 percent of the chamber. In 2012, when 26 seats were up for election, a total of 12 districts were competitive or mildly competitive. One of those districts, District 49, was up for election again in 2014. That district had a margin of victory of 9 percent in 2012.
Dietz's professional experience includes serving as the mayor of Hampton, Iowa.
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Iowa State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Amanda Ragan was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Shawn Dietz defeated Timothy Junker in the Republican primary. Ragan faced Dietz in the general election. Incumbent Ragan defeated Dietz in the general election.
|Iowa State Senate, District 27 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Amanda Ragan Incumbent||56.3%||12,898|
|Iowa State Senate, District 27 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Shawn + Dietz + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Shawn Dietz on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Iowa Secretary of State - Official primary election candidate list
- North Iowa Today, "Shawn Dietz files nomination forms for Iowa Senate District 27," accessed May 8, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 1, 2014