Shawn Lowe Desai
|Michigan House of Representatives District 47|
|High school||Detroit Country Day High School|
|Bachelor's||Michigan State University|
|Place of birth||Livingston County, Michigan|
Desai is a production worker at TRW Automotive in Fowlerville. He has a bachelor's degree in economics from Michigan State University. Desai attended Brighton Area Schools; while in high school, he received honors in Latin, German, and mathematics.
Desai's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Educating our Kids
- Excerpt:"Michigan must be putting out, year after year after year, the most educated, prepared, and most innovative young people. They must leave our elementary and high schools, community colleges, trade schools, and Universities with a strong understanding of exactly how the world works and how they can be successful in it."
- Excerpt:"It must be a priority to maintain our Forest, Lakes, and farmland so that our children and grandchildren can continue to enjoy the bounty of our state for good."
- Excerpt:"I consider farming to be the most important profession because our entire society functions on the basis that farmers provide our food; food being the most basic and necessary human need."
Made in Michigan
- Excerpt:"We must make things again! Production of goods made right here in Michigan is very important to me. We have the resources infrastructure and work force to be the most productive state with the highest quality goods."
Michigan's Auto Industry
- Excerpt:"e must take back every inch of ground lost to foreign auto companies in terms of available features, fuel efficiency, power and performance."
Desai ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 47. He ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Cindy Denby (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 47, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Cindy Denby Incumbent||64.1%||27,621|
|Libertarian||James Weeks II||3.7%||1,607|
As of April 2012, Desai was single. He attends the First Presbyterian Church in Howell.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Shawn + Desai + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Shawn Desai on Facebook
- Shawn Desai on Twitter
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |