|Colorado State Senate, District 7|
|2005 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University|
|J.D.||University of California-Berkeley|
Mitchell earned his B.S. from Brigham Young University and his J.D. from the University of California-Berkeley. His professional experience includes working as a Senior Fellow at Independence Institute, Special Counsel for Colorado Attorney General Gale Norton and private practice attorney for Denver and Adams County.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Mitchell served on these committees:
- Business, Labor and Technology Committee, Colorado State Senate
- Health and Human Services Committee, Colorado State Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Mitchell served on these committees:
- Business, Labor and Technology Committee, Colorado Senate
- Health and Human Services Committee, Colorado Senate
- Prohibiting state recognition of state workers' employee unions 
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2012
Mitchell was ineligible to run for re-election to the Colorado State Senate in 2012 due to term limits.
Mitchell raised $106,869 for his campaign, while Whitcomb raised $144,262.
|Colorado State Senate, District 23 (2008)|
|Shawn Mitchell (R)||45,001|
|Joseph A. Whitcomb (D)||38,896|
|Colorado State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Shawn Mitchell's campaign in 2010|
|Apartment Association Of Metro Denver||$1,000|
|Colorado Bioscience PAC||$400|
|Total Raised in 2010||$2,900|
In 2008, Mitchell collected $106,869 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Colorado Association Of Realtors||$4,000|
|Naiop Colorado Chapter||$3,400|
|Homes For All Coloradoans Cmte||$3,000|
|Lincoln Club Of Colorado||$2,000|
|Broomfield County Republicans||$1,325|
Mitchell and his wife, Yvette, have seven children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Shawn + Mitchell + Colorado + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado State Legislature
- Colorado State Senate
- Colorado Senate Committees
- Colorado state legislative districts
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Shawn Mitchell
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008 2006 2004 2002 2000 1998
- Colorado News Agency, "Panel axes bill rolling back state workers partnership agreements," February 07, 2011
- Colorado Secretary of State, " Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Funds raised by 2008 Senate candidates," accessed April 14, 2014
- 2008 contributions to Shawn Mitchell
|Colorado State Senate - District 23
| Succeeded by|
Vicki Marble (R)