For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|U.S. Senate, Mississippi|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
O'Hara is a self-employed motion picture producer and business consultant. He has unsuccessfully ran for office on many occasions, running for the U.S. House of Representatives in 2010 and for Mississippi Governor in 1991, 1995, 1999, 2003 and 2011. O'Hara has also sought election to the U.S. Senate and as mayor of Hattiesburg, MS.
- Master's, William Carey University, 1999
- Master's, William Carey University, 1996
- B.S., William Carey University, 1981
- B.A., William Carey University, 1981
|U.S. Senate, Mississippi General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Thad Cochran Incumbent||59.9%||378,481|
|Source: Mississippi Secretary of State Official Results|
O'Hara ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. Senate, representing Mississippi. He ran on the Reform Party ticket and faced incumbent Roger Wicker, Albert N. Gore and Thomas Cramer in the November 6 general election. Wicker won.
|Mississippi Treasurer, 2011|
|Election Results via Mississippi Secretary of State|
At a gubernatorial candidate forum in late June 2011, O'Hara said he supported a "personhood" initiative for the November 8 ballot, saying that abortion was like giving the middle finger to God.
There was a dispute as to whether or not O'Hara was a Reform Party candidate. Two separate organizations claim to represent the Reform Party of Mississippi--ultimately the Mississippi Secretary of State decided to allow O'Hara to run for treasurer on the Reform ticket. The national Reform Party organization does not support O'Hara.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Shawn + O'Hara + Mississippi + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States Senate
- United States Senate elections in Mississippi, 2014
- Mississippi gubernatorial election, 2011
- Mississippi lieutenant gubernatorial election, 2011
- Mississippi down ballot state executive elections, 2011
- Gubernatorial elections, 2011
- Governor of Mississippi
- Phil Bryant
- Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi
- Mississippi Treasurer
- Lynn Fitch
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Qualifying List," accessed March 5, 2014
- CNN, "Mississippi Senate Race - 2012 Election Center," November 6, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Shawn O'Hara," accessed July 16, 2011
- Hattiesburg American, "Coast forum attracts governor candidates," June 30, 2011
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Qualifying Candidates for Statewide Office -- 2011," accessed August 5, 2011
- Reform Party National Committee, "Candidates," accessed August 5, 2011
- OpenSecrets, "Summary: 2012 Mississippi Senate Race," accessed May 1, 2013
- FEC "Reports Images," accessed July 9, 2012