|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Woodrow Wilson High School|
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
|Years of service||20|
Quinn graduated from Woodrow Wilson High School. He then joined the United States Navy in 1980 serving until 2000.
In addition to his military career, Quinn worked with the American Red Cross, in law enforcement and as a hazardous material truck driver.
Quinn has been active in the Libertarian Party. He serves a central committee member of the Maryland Libertarian Party. He also ran for the Maryland House of Delegates in 2010.
Quinn listed the following issues on his campaign website:
- Excerpt: "We want to cut taxes."
- Excerpt: "First let’s put incentives in place to get people off the welfare system. Than we should put in place a way to get the government out of the charity business. Private charities and groups do a better and more efficient job of helping the truly needy get back on their feet."
- Marriage equality
- Excerpt: "The government needs to get out of the marriage business. It is a contract between two adults. I do not want to force churches to marry anyone, but I also don’t think the government should interfere with any adult marring any other adult."
- Excerpt: "I don’t think it is the Government’s job to interfere in this decision. I also don’t think the tax payer should have to foot the bill. I believe we should leave the decision between a women and the father (If it’s not a case of rape) with advice from her doctor, family and church. She should also be able to decide which of those she wants to include in her decision process. Late term is out of the question."
- Excerpt: " This is pretty much a federal issue. I have mixed feelings about the state providing services for someone who is breaking the law and hanging people out to dry because the federal government didn't do their job. I would tend to side with people first."
- Privacy rights
- Excerpt: "e have a right to privacy. I have a big problem with government finding new and better ways to spy on us. I also marched in DC against the NSA. They should not be tapping our phones and computers."
- Gun control
- Except: "As for the 2nd Amendment, I am for every law abiding citizen to be able to own any firearm they choose."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Shawn + Quinn + Maryland + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Libertarian Party of Maryland, "2014 Candidates," accessed December 16, 2013
- Biographical Information Submitted Through Ballotpedia's Biographical Submission Form on February 18, 2014]
- Shawn Quinn for Governor: "Shawn Quinn," accessed February 25, 2014
- Shawn Quinn for Governor: "Our Stand On Issues," accessed February 25, 2014
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |