For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 51|
|Bachelor's||Wayne State University|
Barr earned her B.S. in Public Affairs from Wayne State University in 2013 and was trained in general civil mediation through the State Court Administrative Office. Her professional experience includes working in the healthcare industry.
Barr submitted the following statement to Ballotpedia:
|“||I want our leaders to work toward mutual gains because everything counts and everybody matters. As a state, we need to focus on doing the greatest amount of good for the greatest amount of people.||”|
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Ken Thomas was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Joseph Graves defeated Sheila Barr in the Republican primary. Graves defeated Thomas in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 51 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Joseph Graves Incumbent||57.9%||19,429|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 51 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Joseph Graves Incumbent||76.4%||4,688|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sheila + Barr + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 51
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on May 21, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |