|Maryland House of Delegates District 20|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||38|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Northern State Teachers College|
|Birthday||February 9, 1933|
|Place of birth||L'Anse, Michigan|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hixson served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hixson served on these committees:
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbent Sheila E. Hixson, David Moon, and Will Smith defeated Justin W. Chappell, D'Juan Hopewell, William Jawando, Jonathan Shurberg, Darlan Unger and George Zokle in the Democratic primary. Daniel S. Robinson ran as a Green Party candidate. Hixson, Moon and Smith defeated Robinson for three seats in the general election.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 20 General Election (2010)|
|Sheila Hixson (D)||23,782|
|Heather Mizeur (D)||22,532|
|Tom Hucker (D)||22,434|
Sheila Hixson raised $115,467 for her campaign.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 20|
|Sheila Hixson (D)||24,124||32.0%|
|Heather Mizeur (D)||23,233||30.8%|
|Tom Hucker (D)||22,704||30.1%|
|John Wrightson (R)||5,032||6.7%|
In 2010, a year in which Hixson was up for re-election, she collected $120,676 in donations.
Her largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Maryland House of Delegates 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Sheila Hixson's campaign in 2010|
|Maryland Realtors Association||$5,000|
|Service Employees Dc & Maryland State Council 54||$5,000|
|Montgomery County Career Fire Fighters Association Local 1664||$3,000|
|Ethridge, Paul H||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$120,676|
In 2006, Sheila Hixson collected $115,467 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Maryland Realtors Association||$4,000|
|Montgomery County Career Fire Fighters Local 1664||$3,496|
|Michael & Jennifer Rowan||$3,000|
|Scott & Jennifer Hartinger||$3,000|
Hixson is one of the members of a bipartisan group organized by the National Conference of Legislatures called the Task Force on Federal Deficit Reduction (TFFDR). Consisting of 23 state lawmakers from 17 states, the group went to Capitol Hill on September 21, 2011 to urge the Congressional Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction to cut the nation's debt but not impose severe budget cuts on the states.
TFFDR urged the Committee to consider new revenue as a possibility, instead of just focusing on budget cuts as House Speaker John Boehner has proposed. The group specifically proposed passage of the "Main Street Fairness Act," which would allow states to tax online retailers.
Hixson is a member of Hearts and Homes for Youth, Pyramic Atlantic, Maryland Bicycle and Pedestrian Caucus, and Women Legislators of Maryland.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Sheila + Hixson + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland House of Delegates
- Maryland House Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland House of Delegates District 20
- Maryland House of Delegates - Rep. Sheila Hixson
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election results for House of Delegates," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2006 Gubernatorial General Election results for House of Delegates," accessed March 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Hixson's 2006 campaign contributions," accessed March 25, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Maryland 2010 - Candidates," accessed March 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, Sheila Hixson
- National Conference of State Legislatures, "Task Force on Federal Deficit Reduction," accessed May 15, 2014
- Stateline, "State legislators want revenue on table in debt talks," September 22, 2011
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Hixson's Biography," accessed March 25, 2014
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |