|Former candidate for|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 117|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Vilseck American High School in Germany|
|Bachelor's||Clemson University, 2004|
|Years of service||Seven years|
Mood earned his bachelor's degree in Nursing from Clemson University in 2004. His professional experience includes working as a nurse. Mood served in the US Nurse Corps and attained the rank of Brigade Nurse of 1st Brigade Combat Team 3rd Infantry Division. He was discharged from the US Army for smoking marijuana while on leave.
Mood's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "As a former member of the National Rifle Association and current member of Gun Owners of America I shall do everything I can to ensure our right to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"
- Excerpt: "I applaud the General Assembly for passing tax cuts for all North Carolinians. However, changing allowable deductions in subsequent legislation resulted in all, but the very wealthiest, paying more in taxes. Our state needs a tax code that benefits all residents of our great state. I propose abolishing the state income tax all together as was discussed in the previous legislative assembly. Several other states, including our neighbor Tennessee, have no state income tax. Allowing every citizen to keep all of their own money we will see unemployment drop and our economy really take off."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Charles McGrady defeated Ronnie Edwards in the Republican primary. Shelby Mood ran as a Libertarian candidate. McGrady defeated Mood in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 117 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Charles McGrady Incumbent||74.8%||17,292|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 117 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Charles McGrady Incumbent||61.7%||4,815|
Mood and his wife, Sandra, are expecting their first child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Shelby + Mood + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 117
- Official campaign website
- Shelby Mood on Facebook
- Shelby Mood on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official primary candidate list
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official general election candidate list
- Official campaign website, "Meet Shelby," accessed April 22, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Issues," accessed April 22, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results For 2014," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed June 12, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |