|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 23|
|January 1, 2015 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
Willingham served two terms on the Edgecombe County Board of Elections.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Willingham served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Alcoholic Beverage Control|
|• Appropriations on Information Technology|
|• Education - Universities|
|• Judiciary IV|
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Shelly Willingham and Rusty Holderness defeated Taro Knight and Bronson Williams in the Democratic primary. Willingham defeated Holderness in the July 15 run-off primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 23, Run-off Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Shelly Willingham (advanced to general election)||52.2%||2,702|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, Willingham's endorsements included the following:
- State Employees Association of North Carolina (SEANC)
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Shelly + Willingham + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- www.dailysoutherner.com, "Willingham ponders District 23 run," accessed April 18, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "07/15/2014 Unofficial Second Primary Election Results - Statewide," accessed July 16, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "05/06/2014 Official Primary Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "11/04/2014 Official General Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- www.seanc.org, "State Employee PAC Endorses Bipartisan Slate of Candidates," accessed April 17, 2014
Joe Tolson (D)
|North Carolina House - District 23
January 1, 2015-present
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |