|Oregon House of Representatives District 51|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|High school||The Dalles Wahtonka High School|
|J.D.||Lewis & Clark Law School|
Fagan earned her J.D. from Lewis and Clark Law School in 2009. Her professional experience includes working as a Business Attorney at Ater Wynne.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Fagan served on the following committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Business and Labor|
|• Veterans and Emergency Preparedness, Vice Chair|
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Shemia Fagan was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jodi Bailey defeated Brandon Miles in the Republican primary. Bailey ran on the Libertarian party and Independent tickets and Fagan ran on the Working Families Party ticket. Fagan defeated Bailey in the general election.
|Oregon House of Representatives District 51, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Shemia Fagan Incumbent||52.4%||10,518|
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 51 Republican Primary, 2014|
Fagan won election in the 2012 election for Oregon House District 51. Fagan was unopposed in the May 15 Democratic primary and defeated incumbent Patrick Sheehan (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 51, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Patrick Sheehan Incumbent||47.1%||11,199|
Comprehensive donor information for Fagan is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Fagan raised a total of $769,857 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 14, 2013.
|Shemia Fagan's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oregon State House, District 51||$769,857|
|Grand Total Raised||$769,857|
2012Fagan won election to the Oregon State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Fagan raised a total of $769,857.
|Oregon State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Shemia Fagan's campaign in 2012|
|Building Trades PAC||$248,697|
|Oregon Democratic Party||$98,885|
|Service Employees Local 530||$79,834|
|Working Families Party of Oregon||$35,472|
|Oregon Education Association||$31,456|
|Total Raised in 2012||$769,857|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 77th Oregon State Legislature, first session, was in session from February 4 to July 9. In 2014, the 77th Oregon State Legislature, second session, was in session from February 3 to March 10.
- Oregon Farm Bureau: 2013 Senate Votes
- Oregon Farm Bureau: 2013 House Votes
- Oregon Farm Bureau: 2014 State Legislative Summary
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills that impacted the businesses of family farmers and ranchers.
- American Federation of Teachers-Oregon: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for issues that are important to AFT-Oregon. Priorities of the organization are based on the issues most important to its members working lives.
- Associated Oregon Industries: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills relating to the business community.
- American Civil Liberties Union of Oregon: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills relating to civil liberties.
- Oregon Education Association: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their record in advocating for and advancing Oregon's public schools.
- Stand for Children-Oregon: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills relating to Oregon's public schools.
- Oregon League of Conservation Voters: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills relating to conservation.
- Oregon AFSCME: 2013 Report Card on the Oregon Legislature
- Senators were scored on 14 key bills, while Representatives were graded on 17 bills.
In 2014, Fagan's endorsements included the following:
Fagan and her husband, Richard, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Shemia + Fagan + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Oregon State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- Oregon state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Oregon House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Shemia Fagan on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Fagan," accessed April 28, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official Results - May 20, 2014 Primary Election," accessed July 8, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the House," accessed April 11, 2012
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official Primary Results for 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official General Results for 2012," accessed May 24, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Fagan, Shemia," accessed June 14, 2013
- Shemia Fagan, "Supporters," accessed September 2, 2014