|Former candidate for|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
Valenzuela grew up in Cleveland, Ohio. She was a syndicated columnist, published feature writer for several daily newspapers, a daily editor for Delaware State News and a communications director for IBM before starting First State Manufacturing with her husband.
Valenzuela ran for election to the office of Delaware Treasurer. Valenzuela unsuccessfully sought Republican nomination in the primary on September 9. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
- Republican primary - September 9, 2014
|Delaware Treasurer, Republican Primary, 2014|
|Election Results via Office of the Delaware Elections Commissioner.|
Valenzuela was a Republican candidate for Lieutenant Governor of Delaware. She was defeated by incumbent Matthew Denn (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012. Valenzuela ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 11, 2012.
|Lieutenant Governor of Delaware General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Matthew Denn Incumbent||61.6%||238,959|
|Election Results via Delaware State Board of Elections.|
On her campaign website, Valenzuela outlined her "Accelerated solutions for a better Delaware." She believes over-regulation is controlling the lives of Delaware residents and advocates for reducing the reach of government.
- Better jobs: Valenzuela emphasizes the need to support Delaware's existing small, "home-grown" businesses rather than "wooing large corporations to Delaware."
- Better education: Valenzuela wants to reduce the number of administrative tasks facing teachers.
- Better quality of life: Valenzuela is concerned with the current system of crime control.
Valenzuela and her husband, Eli, co-own First State Manufacturing. She has three children: one from her first marriage and two with Eli.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sher + Valenzuela + Delaware + Treasurer"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware State Treasurer
- Delaware down ballot state executive elections, 2014
- Lieutenant Governor of Delaware
- Delaware gubernatorial election, 2012
- Delaware lieutenant gubernatorial election, 2012
- State of Delaware Department of Elections, "PRIMARY ELECTION 09/09/2014 FILED CANDIDATES BY OFFICE," July 9, 2014
- News Works.org, "Delaware GOP announces 2012 candidates," January 17, 2012
- Sussex County Conference.com, "Speakers & Panelists: Sher Valenzuela," accessed January 17, 2012
- Sher2012.com, "My story," accessed June 29, 2012
- Delaware State Board of Elections, "General Election Results 2012" accessed November 6, 2012
- Sher2012.com, "Here's what I've been thinking," accessed June 29, 2012 (dead link)
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
State of Delaware
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Insurance Commissioner | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources and Environmental Control | Secretary of Labor | Delaware Public Service Commission |