|Illinois House of Representatives, District 61|
|July 3, 2014 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||July 3, 2014|
Jesiel earned her bachelor's degree in Business Administration and Accounting from Carthage College. Her professional experience includes working as a Business Manager/Accountant. She is also a licensed C.P.A.
On her Facebook page, Jesiel highlights the following priorities of her campaign:
- Excerpt: "Work to reduce the tax burden for Illinois taxpayers. Let the temporary tax increase expire and no new graduated income tax."
- Excerpt: "Improve the economic environment to attract and retain businesses and create permanent, quality jobs. States around us have figured this out - it's time Illinois does, too."
- Excerpt: "Return to sensible fiscal management by cutting spending and reducing the size of government. We can't keep spending what we don't have. You and I know this - why doesn't government?"
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Loren Karner was set to face Al Rogers in the Democratic primary, but Rogers withdrew from the race on December 19, 2013, leaving Karner unopposed. Incumbent Sheri Jesiel ran unopposed in the Republican primary and was appointed to fill the seat of JoAnn D. Osmond (R) on July 3. Karner and Jesiel will face off in the general election.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills that "impacted the social work profession and their clients."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sheri + Jesiel + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Profile from the Illinois House of Representatives
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Sheri Jesiel on Facebook
- Daily Herald, "Jesiel sworn in as state's new 61st House District representative," July 3, 2014
- Facebook.com, "About Sheri Jesiel," accessed March 3, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 13, 2014
JoAnn D. Osmond (R)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 61
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |