|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 29|
|January 6, 2015 - present|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
Roberts' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Illegal Immigration Situation: This is an issue of great concern and as a result, there will be a rally at the Rhode Island State House this Saturday July 26, 2014 at 12 Noon- Please come out and GET YOUR VOICE HEARD! "
- Excerpt: "Yes, I am a Conservative Republican who believes in certain inalienable rights and supports family values."
- Excerpt: "Yes, I care about the people of my District and State. If elected, it is my job to address your concerns to the best of my ability and I fully intend to do so."
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Lisa Tomasso was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Sherry Roberts defeated Joseph Allen in the Republican primary. Roberts defeated Tomasso in the general election.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 29, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Lisa Tomasso Incumbent||47.7%||2,558|
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 29 Republican Primary, 2014|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sherry + Roberts + Rhode + Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Profile from the Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Sherry Roberts on Facebook
- Sherry Roberts on Twitter
- sherryroberts.weebly.com, "Issues/Other," accessed August 6, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Results: Representative in General Assembly," accessed September 26, 2014
- Rhode Island Board of Elections, "Official 2014 general election results," accessed December 4, 2014
Lisa Tomasso (D)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 29
January 6, 2015-present
| Succeeded by|