|Lexington City Council, District 2|
| January 2013 - Present|
|Years in position ||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Kentucky (1999)|
|Master's||University of Kentucky (2008)|
is a member of the Lexington
City Council, representing District 2. She was first elected to the council in 2012.
Akers earned her B.S. in Social Work and her M.S. in Social Work from the University of Kentucky in 1999 and 2008, respectively. Her professional experience includes working as the Manager of Community Engagement for Volunteers of America.
On her campaign website, Akers highlighted the following issues:
- Small Business
- See also Lexington, Kentucky city council elections, 2014
The city of Lexington, Kentucky held elections for city council on November 4, 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. Incumbent Shevawn Akers and Michael Stuart advanced past Byron Costner in the District 2 primary. Akers defeated Stuart in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Shevawn + Akers + Lexington"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Shevawn Akers News Feed
- ↑ City of Lexington, "2nd District," accessed May 21, 2014
- ↑ Shevawn Akers, "Home," accessed on September 30, 2014
- ↑ Fayette County Clerk, "Fayette County Primary Candidates In Ballot Position Order," accessed May 19, 2014
- ↑ City of Lexington, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed May 20, 2014
- ↑ Fayette County Clerk, "2014 General Election Results," accessed on November 4, 2014
| Political offices
|Lexington City Council District 2
| Succeeded by|