|California State Assembly District 78|
|December 3, 2012-present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||12 years|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Weber served on the following committees:
|California Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Banking and Finance|
|• Higher Education|
|• Joint Rules|
On her 2012 campaign site, Weber outlines her campaign themes:
- "As I examine this district, I realize that it was practically drawn for me. It includes San Diego State University, a place where I spent my career as a professor and administrator. It overlaps with much of the school board district that I represented for eight years. And, it is also the place where I am a homeowner, sent my children to public schools, and actively participated in the civic and cultural life of these neighborhoods for over 30 years. My roots run deep in the 79th. I ask for your support!"
Weber won election in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 79. She advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Sid Voorakkara (D), Patricia Ann Washington (D), Rudy Ramirez (D), and Matt Mendoza (R). Weber defeated Mary England (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 79, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Weber is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Weber raised a total of $479,634 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 14, 2013.
|Shirley's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||California State Assembly, District 79||$479,634|
|Grand Total Raised||$479,634|
2012Weber won election to the California State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Weber raised a total of $479,634.
|California State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Shirley Weber's campaign in 2012|
|United Domestic Workers of America||$15,600|
|California Faculty Association||$15,600|
|California Federation of Teachers||$10,300|
|Consumer Attorneys of California||$10,300|
|Total Raised in 2012||$479,634|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Shirley + Weber + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- San Diego Lawmakers Want More Of California's Youngest Students In Class - KPBS
- January 24, 2014 in West Coast // California Assembly Panel Adopts Genocide ... - Armenian Weekly
- Weber will chair committee focused on campus hate crimes - ScoopSanDiego.com
- Third California student pleads not guilty in hate crime case - Jamestown Sun
- San Jose State: Hate crime charge prompts California lawmakers to review ... - San Jose Mercury News
- Local lawmakers respond to Brown, from Mexico trade mission to budget - U-T San Diego
- Genocide curriculum measure passed in California - Armenian Reporter
- Clare Leschin-Hoar - Voice of San Diego
- WATCH: Calif. Assembly Panel Unanimously Adopts Genocide Curriculum ... - Asbarez Armenian News
- 12 assisted living bills announced - California Center for Health Reporting
Ben Hueso (D)
|California Assembly District 79
| Succeeded by|