Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New Jersey, District 9|
Boteach is a rabbi. He was Michael Jackson's spiritual adviser, has written 27 books, and has a television counseling show.
Boteach is a fiscal conservative who considered social issues a political distraction.
According to his website, Boteach's campaign platform included the following issues:
- School vouchers
- Tax-deductible counseling
- United States involvement abroad
Boteach ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent New Jersey's 9th District. He defeated Hector Castillo and Blase Billack in the June 5 Republican primary and faced Democratic incumbent Bill Pascrell and Independent E. David Smith in the November general election.
|U.S. House, New Jersey District 9 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Bill Pascrell Incumbent||74%||162,822|
|Independent||E. David Smith||0.5%||1,138|
|Source: New Jersey Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|New Jersey's 9th Congressional District Republican Primary, 2012|
|U.S. House of Representatives, New Jersey's 9th Congressional District, 2012 - Shmuley Boteach Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$2,861,095|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$3,506,000|
|Top contributors to Shmuley Boteach's campaign committee|
|Europlay Capital Advisors||$13,000|
|Duty Free Americas||$10,000|
|Las Vegas Sands||$10,000|
|Sterling & Sterling||$7,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Securities & Investment||$30,250|
- Politico "2012 House Race Results"
- New Jersey Spotlight "Candidates: U.S. Congress Republicans District 9," May 31, 2012
- New Jersey Spotlight "U.S. Congressional Race: District 9," May 23, 2012
- Shmuley Boteach campaign website "On the Issues," Accessed June 1, 2012
- WYNC "Live! NJ Election Results," June 5, 2012
- New Jersey Secretary of State "2012 Primary Results"
- Open Secrets "Shmuley Boteach 2012 Election Cycle," Accessed March 22, 2013