Sidney Pierce III
|Sidney Pierce III|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Gates County High School, 2006|
|Bachelor's||North Carolina State University, 2010|
|Profession||Director of Sunbury Ruritan Club|
Pierce earned his B.S. in Political Science from North Carolina State University in 2010. His professional experience includes serving as director of the Sunbury Ruritan Club.
- Excerpt: "As a Christian, I am a firm supporter of marriage (that being one man and one woman). I vehemently oppose abortion (an institution of murder) and I pledge that if elected, that I will do everything I can to end this institution of murder."
- Excerpt: "Pierce said, if elected, one of his priorities will be to restore state authority and sovereignty over the areas of energy, education, commerce and healthcare. For too long we have let the intellectually challenged in Washington D.C. (both Democrats and Republicans) govern us in those areas. The politicians in Washington D.C. have proven that they are incompetent and lack the ability to govern. It is therefore in our interest to remove from them these areas of governance and give them to the states, where they can be governed in a competent manner."
- Excerpt: "My other priorities, should I get elected, will be to eliminate the income tax, reduce the sales tax if possible and reform the gas tax and local property taxes. I would support implementing ‘Constitutional carry’ in the state and will work towards eliminating all sanctuary cities in North Carolina."
- Excerpt: "The U.S. Constitution does not grant any enumerated right or authority for the Federal government to regulate healthcare in this country. I do not obey unconstitutional laws, because such laws are illegal. In addition, as a Christian, I refuse to recognize the Federal government as any kind of sovereign over my health. I will recognize only one sovereign over my health and that is God, Himself. I am encouraging everyone reading this to join me, in civil disobedience to this unconstitutional, tyrannical, unjust and illegal law, by refusing to sign up for Obamacare."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Howard Hunter III defeated incumbent Annie Mobley in the Democratic primary, while Sidney Pierce III was unopposed in the Republican primary. Hunter and Pierce will face off in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 5 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Howard Hunter III||58.9%||5,248|
|Annie Mobley Incumbent||41.1%||3,664|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sidney + Pierce + III + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 5
- Sidney Pierce III on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official primary candidate list
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official general election candidate list
- Facebook, "About," accessed April 17, 2014
- www.roanoke-chowannewsherald.com, "Pierce seeks House seat," accessed April 17, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |