Simona A. Farrise
|Former candidate for|
|California State Assembly, District 62|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Farrise's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Creating jobs while improving our economy
- Excerpt: "She will work to bring living-wage jobs to our district--jobs which include benefits, sustain our communities, and provide for our future."
Improving public safety
- Excerpt: "Simona is committed to reducing crime and gang activity so our families feel safe in our neighborhoods."
- Excerpt: "Simona will ensure that our schools, teachers, administrators, and students have the support they need."
Justice for all
- Excerpt: "In Sacramento, she will continue to stand up for those who have no voice and no power, fighting for justice for all regardless of race, ethnicity, income, or sexual orientation."
Elections for the office of California State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Autumn Burke (D) and Ted J. Grose (R) defeated Simona A. Farrise (D), Paul Kouri (D), Adam M. Plimpton (D), Mike Stevens (D), Gloria Gray (D) and Emidio "Mimi" Soltysik (I) in the blanket primary. Burke defeated Grose in the general election.
|California State Assembly, District 62, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Ted J. Grose||24.1%||17,261|
In 2014, Farrise's endorsements include the following:
- Hon. Hannah-Beth Jackson, State Senator
- Hon. Nancy O’Malley, District Attorney
- Hon. Bill Monning, State Senator
- ILWU Southern California District Council
- Women’s Political Committee
- The LA Progressive
- Hon. Jeff Adachi, SF Public Defender
- Sharon Kyle, LA Progressive
- Morningside Park Chronicle (Inglewood)
- Julian Burger, President, Progressive Democratic Club
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Evolve a Community Organization
- Daryl Parks, National Bar Association Past President*
- Ben Crump, Trayvon Martin Family Attorney
- Deputy District Attorney Terry Wiley, President Black Prosecutors’ Association*
- Sandra Roussell, Founder and Head of Escuela Plus*
- Christiane Roussell, President, Langston Bar Association*
- Carl E. Douglas, Los Angeles Civil Rights Attorney
- Rozenia Cummings, Vice President, National Bar Association*
- Monique Brandon, Executive Director, Boys and Girls Club of Venice*
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Simona + Farrise + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Assembly
- California State Assembly elections, 2014
- California State Legislature
- California State Assembly District 62
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- farriseforassembly.com, "Issues," accessed May 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 27, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed July 15, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 14, 2014
- farriseforassembly.com, "Endorsements," accessed May 13, 2014