Sioux City, Iowa
|Transparency grading process|
See also: Evaluation of Iowa city websites
Last rated on Jan. 30, 2012
- Budget documents are published.
- Meeting agendas and minutes are available.
- Contact information is provided for city council members and the Mayor.
- Administrative official contact information is available on individual department pages.
- Zoning and permitting information is provided.
- Financial audits are published in Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports.
- Bid and procurement information is available.
- Local tax details are available in City budget documents.
- Taxpayer funded lobbying details are not provided.
- Public records request information is not available.
The City's FY 2012 approved operating budget contains $265,119,842 in expenditures. Tax receipts are expected to be just $259,213,731, but combined with a beginning balance of over $35 million, the City counted over $295 million in resources available for expenditures. FY 2012 expenditures were down from $284 million in FY 2011. The budget expected an ending balance of $30 million.
The City elects a five member City Council, which includes the position of Mayor. Members are:
|John Fitch||Mayor Pro Tem|
|Keith Radig||Council Member|
|Rhonda Capron||Council Member|
|Tom Padgett||Council Member|
An administrative organizational chart can be found here.
Employee salaries are posted online by the Sioux City Journal. The most recent information lists ten employees earning over $100,000. The highest paid city employee is City Manager Tom Eckert, earning $148,633.
Negotiated salary schedules are posted online by the Human Resources Department, and can be found here.
The FY 2012 budget decreased the City's tax levy $0.64, to $16.66 per thousand. Taxes on a typical residence were calculated to remain constant at about $717, while taxes on a typical business would fall by $64.
Transparency and public records
- Iowa on State Budget Solutions
- City webpage
- Visit Sioux City
- Sioux City Chamber of Commerce
- Sioux City Journal