Sitka Borough, Alaska
The City and Borough of Sitka is one of sixteen organized boroughs in Alaska. It is a unified city-borough located on the west side of Baranof Island in the Alexander Archipelago. As of 2005, the city-borough's estimated population was 8,986, making it Alaska's fourth-largest city by population.
The borough is one of eight first-class boroughs in the state.
- Main article: Evaluation of Alaska borough websites
- The Assembly members and their contact information is posted.
- Assembly meeting agendas, but not minutes, are posted.
- Contact information for the Administrators is provided.
- Building permit information is available.
- A form for requesting public records is available.
- Tax information is provided.
- No budget or audit information is posted.
- Contracts are not available online.
- Lobbying affiliations are not listed
This information is based on a report by the Alaska Office of the Assessor's 2008 report.
|Borough||Class||Property tax||Sales tax||Raw fish tax||Liquor tax||Bed tax||Tobacco tax||Other special taxes|
|Sitka Borough||Unified home rule||5%/6%||-||-||6%||50 mill tax|
- City and Borough of Sitka website
- Sitka Borough on E-Reference
- Sitka School District
- Sitka on Epodunk
- Sitka Borough Free Public Records Directory
- Sitka Borough QuickFacts