Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, North Carolina , District 2|
|Other||Central Carolina Community College|
was a 2012 Republican
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
to represent the 2nd Congressional District
of North Carolina
Holmes was defeated by incumbent Renee Ellmers
in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012.
- See also: North Carolina's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2012
Holmes ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent North Carolina's 2nd District. Holmes sought the nomination on the Republican ticket. The signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to run was February 29, 2012. Holmes faceed incumbent Rep. Renee Ellmers, Richard Speer, and Clement Munno in the May 8, 2012, Republican primary. Holmes was defeated by incumbent Renee Ellmers in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012.
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in North Carolina in 2012 as one of the 10 states that could determine whether Democrats would retake the House or Republicans would hold their majority in 2013. North Carolina was rated 8th on the list.
|U.S. House, North Carolina District 2 Republican Primary, 2012
Renee Ellmers Incumbent
| Sonya Holmes
| Clement F. Munno
| Richard Speer
- ↑ Associated Press, "NC GOP candidates seek Ellmers, Myrick seats," accessed February 26, 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 [http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/NC/36596/80750/en/summary.html North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Election Results," accessed May 9, 2012.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Washington Post, "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012," accessed April 25, 2012
- ↑ North Carolina State Board of Elections "2012 Primary Results"