Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Utah, District 3|
According to Simonsen's website, his campaign themes included:
- Economy: "... limit wasteful spending, invest wisely in future transportation and domestic renewable energy production, streamline the tax code for individuals and businesses, and support sustained investment in local jobs."
- Equality: "...insure that the benefits and privileges given to some are extended to all."
- Ethics: "...guide ethics and campaign finance reform, restoring appropriate constitutional rights to the people of the United States."
Simonsen was defeated by incumbent Jason Chaffetz. Simonsen ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Utah's 3rd District. He defeated Richard Clark in the Democratic convention. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Utah, District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jason Chaffetz Incumbent||76.6%||198,828|
|Democratic||Soren D. Simonsen||23.4%||60,719|
|Source: Utah Lieutenant Governor "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, Utah District 3, 2012 - Soren Simonsen Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$807,595|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$830,115|
|Top contributors to Soren Simonsen's campaign committee|
|American Institute of Architects||$10,000|
|Archipac -The American Institute of Architects||$10,000|
|Austin Baccus Co||$1,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Printing & Publishing||$250|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Soren + Simonsen + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Streetcar on 1100 East ? Not so fast - Salt Lake Tribune
- Trib Talk 12:15 pm today: Getting around Sugar House - Real Estate News Utah
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found