South Carolina Amendment 3b, Elimination of the Retirement Investments Panel (2006)
Amendment 3b eliminated the South Carolina Investment Panel, which was an advisory body for the executive branch of South Carolina government.
|South Carolina Constitution|
|I • II • III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • VIII-A • IX • X • XI • XII • XIII • XIV • XV • XVI • XVII|
The question asked on the ballot was:
- "Must the second through the seventh sentences of the fourth paragraph of Section 16, Article X of the Constitution of this State relating to the establishment and membership of the State Retirement Systems Investment Panel be amended by deleting these sentences thereby abolishing this constitutionally established panel?"
As provided for in South Carolina law, election officials include a neutral explanation on the ballot of each ballot question. The explanation provided alongside the question for proposed Amendment 1 in 2006 said:
- "This amendment would eliminate the Investment Panel, an advisory body, and its accompanying expenses."
- South Carolina 2006 ballot measures
- 2006 ballot measures
- List of South Carolina ballot measures
- South Carolina State Senate
- South Carolina House of Representatives
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |