South Carolina Director of Natural Resources
|South Carolina Director of Natural Resources|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2012-2013 FY Budget:||$80,941,407|
|Authority:||South Carolina Code, Section 48-4-10|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by the governing board|
|Name:||Alvin A. Taylor|
|Assumed office:||December 8, 2011|
|Other South Carolina Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Comptroller • Attorney General • Treasurer • Auditor • Adjutant General • Inspector General • Superintendent of Education • Agriculture Commissioner • Insurance Commissioner • Natural Resources Commissioner • Labor Commissioner • Public Service Commission|
The Department of Natural Resources was organized on July 1, 1994. It combined the former Wildlife and Marine Resources Department, Water Resources Commission (non-regulatory programs), Land Resources Commission (non-regulatory programs), State Geological Survey (State Geologist), and S.C. Migratory Waterfowl Committee.
The current officeholder is Alvin A. Taylor. On December 8, 2011, the seven-member South Carolina Department of Natural Resources Board named Taylor Acting Director of the agency, and on March 17, 2012, he became the agency’s permanent Director.
The Department of Natural Resources is established in Section 48-4-10 of the South Carolina Code of Laws.
|The South Carolina Department of Natural Resources is created to administer and enforce the laws of this State relating to wildlife, marine resources, and natural resources and other laws specifically assigned to it...|
There are no specific qualifications for director of natural resources.
The Director of Natural Resources is appointed by the governing board (who are appointed by the governor) upon the advice and consent of the Senate.
In the event of a vacancy the position is filled by the governing board upon the advice and consent of the Senate.
The director is responsible for the following boards and commissions:
- Geological Survey of the Research and Statistical Division of the Budget and Control Board
- State Land Resources Conservation Commission
- South Carolina Migratory Waterfowl Commission
- Water Resources Commission
- South Carolina Wildlife and Marine Resources Commission
- Executive Office
- Land, Water and Conservation
- Law Enforcement
- Marine Resources
- Outreach and Support Services
- Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries
The budget for the Department of Natural Resources in Fiscal Year 2012-2013 was $80,941,407.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches state official websites for chronological lists of historical officeholders. That information for the South Carolina Director of Natural Resources has not yet been added because the information was unavailable on the relevant state official websites, or we are currently in the process of formatting the list for this office. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "South Carolina" + Director + of + "Natural Resources"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Natural Resources Conservation Service & South Carolina City Work Together ... - USDA.gov (press release) (blog)
- Graves attorney: Beaufort County to purchase Pepper Hall - Hilton Head Island Packet
- Bringing an End to Bear Baying (Op-Ed) - LiveScience.com
- Biofuel backers hope numbers will sway EPA EPA science board questions ... - Politico
- Arkansas and Mississippi score more than $1 million in federal grants - Memphis Business Journal
- Studies focus on drawbacks of biomass energy, benefits of Atlantic Ocean oil ... - The Florida Current
- Staying Yongue by keeping Forest Park beautiful - News-Daily.com
- Dixie, LA family finds their tap water is flammable - WIS
- When it comes to bagging deer, Senate Republicans have the edge - 77Square.com
- Experts: Polls Now Show Americans Of All Stripes Want Action On Climate Change - Forbes
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
Rembert C. Dennis Building
1000 Assembly Street
Columbia, SC 29201
- South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
- SCDNR on Facebook
- SCDNR on Twitter
- SCDNR's channel on YouTube
- ↑ South Carolina Department of Natural Resources, " History," accessed January 18, 2013
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 South Carolina Code of Laws," Title 48, Chapter 4," accessed January 18, 2013
- ↑ South Carolina Budget and Control Board, "Current Budget Plans FY 2013-2014," accessed April 9, 2013
- ↑ The Council of State Governments,"The Book of States 2010 Table 4.11," retrieved April 23, 2011