South Dakota 1890 ballot measures
November 4, 1890 ballot in South Dakota.Three statewide ballot measures were on the
- All three measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- All three measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Limit State Debt||Gov't Finances||Limits state debt to $500,000 in aggregate in addition to its pre-existing debts at the time|
|Woman's Suffrage||Suffrage||Removes the word "male" from the sections of the South Dakota Constitution regarding elections and right of suffrage.|
|Native American Suffrage||Suffrage||Prohibits from voting Native Americans who meet certain qualifications|
- 1890 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Political Almanac, Table 7. Results of Elections Concerning State Constitutional Amendments and Initiated and Referred Laws, 1889-1968
- Laws passed at the First Session of the Legislature of the State of South Dakota