South Dakota 1916 ballot measures
- Nine of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Three of the measures were indirect initiated state statutes.
- Two of the measures were veto referendums.
- Four of the measures were approved and 10 were defeated.
On the ballot
|Abolish School Lands' Lease Limit||Property||Abolishes lease limits on school lands|
|Constitutional Convention Members||ConCon||Relates to the members for constitutional conventions|
|Rural Credits System||Property||Allows the legislature to create a rural credit system for real estate|
|Coal and Roads Funding||Gov't Finances||Requires two-thirds majority in legislature for expenditure for highways and coal supplying|
|State Irrigation||Water||Provides for state construction and maintenance of irrigation systems|
|Revenue and Finance Structure||Gov't Finances||Relates to the state's revenue and finance structures|
|Amendment 7||Alcohol||Prohibits alcohol on a statewide basis|
|State Salaries Increase||Gov't Salaries||Relates to increases in state salaries|
|Women's Suffrage||Suffrage||Grants women the right to vote|
|IndISS||Department of Banking and Finance||Banking||Creates a department of banking and finance|
|IndISS||Richard's Primary Law||Elections||Reinstates a version of the 1912 Richard's Primary Law|
|IndISS||Banking Board||Banking||Creates a state banking board|
|VR||Liquor Permits Issuance||Business||Relates to the issuance of liquor permits|
|VR||Non-unanimous Juries||Trials||Allows 10 member majority of jurors to rule in court cases instead of unanimity requirement|
- 1916 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical ballot measures and election results
- South Dakota Political Almanac, Table 7. Results of Elections Concerning State Constitutional Amendments and Initiated and Referred Laws, 1889-1968
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |