For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
South Dakota 1916 ballot measures
- Nine of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Three of the measures were indirect initiated state statutes.
- Two of the measures were veto referendums.
- Four of the measures were approved and 10 were defeated.
On the ballot
|Abolish School Lands' Lease Limit||Property||Abolishes lease limits on school lands|
|Constitutional Convention Members||ConCon||Relates to the members for constitutional conventions|
|Rural Credits System||Property||Allows the legislature to create a rural credit system for real estate|
|Coal and Roads Funding||Gov't Finances||Requires two-thirds majority in legislature for expenditure for highways and coal supplying|
|State Irrigation||Water||Provides for state construction and maintenance of irrigation systems|
|Revenue and Finance Structure||Gov't Finances||Relates to the state's revenue and finance structures|
|Amendment 7||Alcohol||Prohibits alcohol on a statewide basis|
|State Salaries Increase||Gov't Salaries||Relates to increases in state salaries|
|Women's Suffrage||Suffrage||Grants women the right to vote|
|IndISS||Department of Banking and Finance||Banking||Creates a department of banking and finance|
|IndISS||Richard's Primary Law||Elections||Reinstates a version of the 1912 Richard's Primary Law|
|IndISS||Banking Board||Banking||Creates a state banking board|
|VR||Liquor Permits Issuance||Business||Relates to the issuance of liquor permits|
|VR||Non-unanimous Juries||Trials||Allows 10 member majority of jurors to rule in court cases instead of unanimity requirement|
- 1916 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical ballot measures and election results
- South Dakota Political Almanac, Table 7. Results of Elections Concerning State Constitutional Amendments and Initiated and Referred Laws, 1889-1968
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |