South Dakota 1940 ballot measures
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was a veto referendum.
- One of the measures was approved.
- Three of the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Taxes for Highways||Taxes||Provides that motor vehicle and gasoline taxes go to highways|
|Legislative Vacancies||Legislature||Allows governor to fill legislative vacancies|
|Investment of Permanent School Funds||Gov't Finances||Reduces the interest required for investment of permanent school funds|
|VR||Unemployment Compensation Commission||Admin of gov't||Abolishes the Unemployment Compensation Commission|
- 1940 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical ballot measures and election results
- South Dakota Political Almanac, Table 7. Results of Elections Concerning State Constitutional Amendments and Initiated and Referred Laws, 1889-1968
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |