For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
South Dakota 1940 ballot measures
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was a veto referendum.
- One of the measures was approved.
- Three of the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Taxes for Highways||Taxes||Provides that motor vehicle and gasoline taxes go to highways|
|Legislative Vacancies||Legislature||Allows governor to fill legislative vacancies|
|Investment of Permanent School Funds||Gov't Finances||Reduces the interest required for investment of permanent school funds|
|VR||Unemployment Compensation Commission||Admin of gov't||Abolishes the Unemployment Compensation Commission|
- 1940 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical ballot measures and election results
- South Dakota Political Almanac, Table 7. Results of Elections Concerning State Constitutional Amendments and Initiated and Referred Laws, 1889-1968
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |