South Dakota 1948 ballot measures
- Five of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was a veto referendum.
- One of the measures was an indirect initiated state statute.
- Five of the measures were approved.
- Two of the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Veterans' Bonus||Veterans||Grants World War II veterans' bonus|
|Legislative Reapportionment||Redistricting||Provides for legislative reapportionment|
|Legislative Vacancies||Legislature||Allows governor to fill legislative vacancies|
|New Lease Options||Property||Allows lessees of public lands an option on a new lease|
|Tax on Public Shooting Areas||Taxes||Allows local unites on tax on public shooting areas|
|VR||Liquor Labeling||Alcohol||Prescribes age of liquor and size of container|
|IndISS||Sale of Liquor with Food||Alcohol||Prohibits sale of liquor where food is sold|
- 1948 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical ballot measures and election results
- South Dakota Political Almanac, Table 7. Results of Elections Concerning State Constitutional Amendments and Initiated and Referred Laws, 1889-1968
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |