South Dakota 1968 ballot measures
- Five of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two of the measures were veto referendums.
- Two of the measures were approved.
- Five of the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment A||Property||Allows the sale of larger tracts of school lands|
|Amendment B||Gov't Finances||Provides the bonds do not constitute state debt|
|Amendment C||Judiciary||Authorizes judges to act in judicial capacity after retirement|
|Amendment D||Gov't Finances||Authorizes the sale of bonds in which school funds have been invested|
|Amendment E||State exec||Allows the Superintendent of Public Instruction to be appointed rather than elected|
|VR||Referendum 1||Time||Exempts South Dakota from Daylight Savings Time|
|VR||Referendum 2||Education||Reorganizes all school districts in the state|
- 1968 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical ballot measures and election results
- South Dakota Political Almanac, Table 7. Results of Elections Concerning State Constitutional Amendments and Initiated and Referred Laws, 1889-1968
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research: Referenda Elections for South Dakota 1968-1990
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |