South Dakota 1970 ballot measures
- Nine of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two of the measures were indirect initiated state statutes.
- Four of the measures were approved.
- Seven of the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment A||Elections||Relates to the requirement of residence for electors|
|Amendment B||Direct democracy||Relates to the legislative power of the state|
|Amendment C||Judiciary||Relates to retired judges|
|Amendment D||Lottery||Relates to games of chance, lotteries or gift enterprises|
|Amendment E||Term limits||Sets term limits for elected officials|
|Amendment F||Suffrage||Relates to the voting age|
|Amendment G||Elections||Adds a section to the constitution regarding voting by new residents|
|Amendment H||Property||Concerns education and school lands|
|Amendment I||Con language||Revises the constitution|
|IndISS||Initiative 1||Water||Repeals a law requiring fluoridation of municipal water|
|IndISS||Initiative 2||Taxes||Establishes a state income tax|
- 1970 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical ballot measures and election results
- South Dakota Political Almanac, South Dakota Constitutional Amendments, Initiatives and Referendums 1970-2010
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research: Referenda Elections for South Dakota 1968-1990
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |