South Dakota 1972 ballot measures
- Five of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was an indirect initiated state statute.
- Five of the measures were approved.
- One of the measures was defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment A||Suffrage||Relates to the voting age|
|Amendment B||State exec||Reorganizes the executive branch|
|Amendment C||Judiciary||Reorganizes the judicial branch|
|Amendment D||Local gov't||Reorganizes local governments|
|Amendment E||Con language||Revises the constitution|
|IndISS||Initiative 1||Hunting||Prohibits mourning dove hunting|
- 1972 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical ballot measures and election results
- South Dakota Political Almanac, Table 7. Results of Elections Concerning State Constitutional Amendments and Initiated and Referred Laws, 1889-1968
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research: Referenda Elections for South Dakota 1968-1990
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |