South Dakota 1978 ballot measures
- Four of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Three of the measures were indirect initiated state statutes.
- Three of the measures were approved.
- Four the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment A||Legislature||Provides for forty day legislative sessions|
|Amendment B||Gov't Finances||Provides for more flexibility in school fund investment|
|Amendment C||Property||Protects mineral rights of public lands|
|Amendment D||Taxes||Prohibits income tax increases without majority vote in legislature|
|IndISS||Initiative 1||Utilities||Redesigns gas and electric rates|
|IndISS||Initiative 2||Business reg||Repeals the Dairy Industry Marketing Act|
|IndISS||Initiative 3||Obscenity||Adds new regulations to the Obscenity Statute|
- 1978 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical ballot measures and election results
- South Dakota Political Almanac, Table 7. Results of Elections Concerning State Constitutional Amendments and Initiated and Referred Laws, 1889-1968
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research: Referenda Elections for South Dakota 1968-1990
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |