South Dakota 1980 ballot measures
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two of the measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was a veto referendum.
- One of the measures was an indirect initiated state statute.
- Three of the measures were approved.
- Four the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment A||Judiciary||Relates to the appointment of judges|
|Amendment B||Taxes||Relates to real property taxes|
|Amendment C||Direct democracy||Prohibits the legislature from changing initiated or referred laws that have been voted on by the people|
|Amendment D||Direct democracy||Relates to legislative prerogative to amend initiated or referred laws|
|Amendment E||Legislature||Relates to length of legislative sessions|
|VR||Referendum 1||Hunting||Allows hunting of the mourning dove|
|IndISS||Initiative 1||Nuclear issues||Relates to regulation of uranium mining and disposal of nuclear waste|
- 1980 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical ballot measures and election results
- South Dakota Political Almanac, South Dakota Constitutional Amendments, Initiatives and Referendums 1970-2010
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research: Referenda Elections for South Dakota 1968-1990
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |